What is the world coming to? If it’s not broke don’t fix it ! Sadly 12th January 2015 it was announced the famous Creme eggs made from Dairy Milk chocolate recipe will now be changed.
“It’s no longer Dairy Milk. It is similar, but not exactly Dairy Milk,” said a Cadbury’s spokesman. The technicality is due to Cadbury’s being bought out by the US company Kraft in 2010.
being the only thing I look forward to every Easter (and my friends art and crafts) I have decided hhome-madecreme eggs are the way to go. However not being able to buy corn syrup which helps put it together I’m left empty handed unless I order direct from America.
Not only will the taste of this new inferior egg be affected by the size two as some of the different eggs have been released dint he market. From a glorious 40g of chocolatey egg glory we will now be getting a mere 34g of disappointment.
For those iterested here is the home-made creme egg receipe –
Egg-Shaped Candy Mold
Chocolate Melter (opt)
170g (1/2 cup) light corn syrup (or golden syrup if you’re across the pond)
58g (1/4 cup) butter, room temperature
375g (3 cups) confectioner’s powdered sugar (icing sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
yellow food coloring
1 (12 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
You’re going to be really astounded at how easy this is.
- Cream together the corn syrup, butter and vanilla.
- Sift in the confectioner’s powdered sugar and beat until incorporated.
- Ok yeah, that was it.
- Now to get fancy and separate the filling into whites and yolks!
- Take out about a third of the filling and stir in some yellow food coloring. Now you’re done!
- Put the two bowls in the fridge, as they’re easier to work with once they’re set.